Aakash is an associate with Spice Route Legal’s Corporate Practice Group, specializing in transactions such as mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments, and joint ventures. He also undertakes corporate advisory on all aspects of Indian corporate and foreign investment laws.
Some of his recent work includes –
- assisted a leading listed renewable energy company with a global restructuring of their operations, involving cross border domiciling and complex investment structuring advisory;
- assisting a leading renewable energy company with multiple project development and finance mandates for energy projects in India;
- assisting an EV manufacturer with the advisory and contractual arrangements in relation to the supply of their electric buses to a state transportation PSU under the latest FAME-II India guidelines;
- assisted a US-based hydrogen fuel tech company with its acquisition of an Indian power electronics company, as well as with all its commercial arrangements, in India; and
- routine commercial advisory for solar and renewable energy companies on matters ranging from EPC contracts to project financing.
Prior to joining Spice Route Legal, Aakash has interned at both law firms and corporate houses. In addition to his growing expertise in all things corporate and commercial, Aakash is developing a deep interest in the future of energy and in the renewables sector.