Nikhil is a senior associate with the Corporate Practice Group, at Spice Route Legal. He has over 8 years of experience assisting clients with structuring their investments in India, as well as with working on India-centric deals in the United States. His key areas of expertise are corporate restructuring, mergers and acquisitions, private equity, and venture capital.
Over the last 8 years, Nikhil has assisted several domestic and international companies on raising strategic investments while also advising global private equity investors in their acquisitions of Indian companies. His clients primarily belong to the technology, fintech and financial services, and e-commerce sectors
In recent months, Nikhil has –
- Advised a US-based healthcare company on its proposed USD 300 million acquisition of an Indian lifesciences company.
- Advised a company bringing paperless documentation and digital processes to Indian consumers, in its fundraise of USD 46.2 million from notable investors such as WestBridge Capital.
- Advised a Berlin-based investor on closing multiple investments in the property-tech, logistics, and fintech sectors, with a cumulative deal value surpassing USD 165 million.
- Advised a Singapore-based manufacturer of some of the most innovative life sciences tools in successfully raising a cross-border Series A investment of USD 200 million from a club of investors.
- Advised one of the largest tech-focussed venture capital funds in the global market, on a significant investment into a non-custodial Authentication and Authorisation infrastructure (AAI) provider. This advisory included a unique element of structuring a bonus offer of future tokens in a manner that was tax efficient in Singapore.
Nikhil is a member of the Bar Council of Maharashtra and Goa.