Nikhil is a senior associate with the Corporate Practice Group at Spice Route Legal. He has 8 years of experience assisting clients with structuring their investments in India, as well as with working on India-centric deals in the United States. His key areas of expertise are mergers and acquisitions, private equity, and venture capital.
Some highlights from Nikhil’s professional journey thus far include assisting on the following mandates:
- advising a leading Indian start-up in the grooming and personal care space on raising a strategic investment from a multinational consumer goods company;
- leading strategic acquisitions by one of India’s premier online education companies – of a video-learning solutions provider, and a recruitment and staffing solutions company;
- assisting prominent venture capital investors in their investments into Indian and India-centric start-ups, engaged in sectors such as online gaming, SaaS, payments solutions and nutraceuticals;
- advising one of the largest Japanese corporate groups in structuring their greenfield investment into an Indian fast-moving consumer goods company; and
- assisting one of the world’s largest private equity investors in their acquisitions in the Indian real estate and infrastructure sectors.
Nikhil is a member of the Bar Council of Maharashtra and Goa.