Payal is a member of the Disputes practice group, at Spice Route Legal. She assists clients on contentious matters relating to shareholder disputes, intellectual property, competition law, employment law, data and privacy, and fintech.
She has recently represented clients in –
- a dispute before multiple domestic and international fora, including the High Court of Mumbai and the Intellectual Property Appellate Board, involving questions of law relating to the transborder reputation of trademarks, and prosecution history estoppel;
- a dispute revolving around the contributory liability of a search engine for the misuse of registered trademarks by a competitor, on that platform;
- an ongoing IP infringement dispute between a UK based technology client and an Indian software company;
- a client in a voluntary insolvency mandate, under the Insolvency & Bankruptcy Code; and
- multiple clients in the fintech sector on their (third party) liability for fraudulent payments processed through their platforms or gateways.
She also advises clients, across jurisdictions, on pre-litigation and risk mitigation strategies, including in relation to employment and shareholder disputes.