Renuka is a senior associate with the Corporate Practice Group, at Spice Route Legal, and has over five years of post-qualification experience in transactional law. Her expertise in corporate law includes advising on commercial contracts, mergers and acquisitions, private equity, merger approvals and pre-merger competition law, employee incentive schemes, and cross-border investments.
Renuka’s practice focusses on the healthcare, lifesciences, pharmaceuticals, and health-tech industries. She also assists clients on medico-regulatory work across the life sciences industry, from pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical devices manufacturers to companies involved in health-tech, clinical trials, or those who invest in them.
Her recent accomplishments include –
- advising a proprietary family investment fund on multiple investments made by them, into various target companies in the life sciences, pharmaceuticals, and healthcare sector;
- advised several leading players in the healthcare industry on in life sciences specific commercial agreements such as research and development, and licensing contracts;
- assisting a healthcare sector-focused investment fund, an affiliate of India’s second largest pharmaceutical company, with over 10 acquisitions, IP licensing, and regularly advice the client (including its group companies and subsidiaries) on various day-to-day commercial arrangements;
- advised company committed to improve health, productivity, and performance of animals, on its licensing, manufacturing, and distribution arrangements with various vendors and manufacturers; and
- assisted a US-based pharmaceutical solutions provider and developer of generic and specialty sterile products, in evaluating various structures for consolidating the holding of its US entity, with its Indian entity through contractual arrangements to attract investors in the US for the combined entity.