Aadya is a senior associate with the firm’s Technology, Media and Telecommunications practice group, with a special focus on, and extensive experience in, handling data protection, cybersecurity and privacy mandates. She has assisted businesses across India, South East Asia, US, UK and Europe with structuring their operations in order to comply with data protection, privacy, and cybersecurity laws. Aadya’s work involves both regulatory and legal advice, as well as advice on effective product structuring, the framing of operational and compliance strategies, and the management of security incidents.
Some of Aadya’s most recent work includes –
- advising European Union clients on financial services data transfers to India, after the Schrems II decision, and assisting various such clients with managing cybersecurity incidence as well as the RBI’s localisation requirements;
- advising an international shipping conglomerate, that uses blockchain technology to democratize the shipping industry, on data protection and privacy risks in India;
- assisting a leading telecom player on a 40-jurisdiction analysis of cross border data transfer risks;
- advising companies on the collection, and handling of patient, visitor and donor data, in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic;
- advising multiple regulated entities and SaaS companies within the telecom sector on the implications of data localization;
- advising multiple companies on privacy-related employment issues, including the use of monitoring software, cross border data transfers, employment verification processes, and diversity practices; and
- assisting a global manufacturing and services conglomerate, among several other clients, with the management of a growing number of cybersecurity threats and breaches, in recent months.
A CIPP/A certified professional, and member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals, Aadya is one of the youngest privacy lawyers in India to be recognized on a global platform for her prowess in all things data. She is regularly quoted by leading publications like OneTrust’s Data Guidance and Indian Business Law Journal.