Praveen is the Head of the Corporate Practice Group at the firm, one of India’s leading M&A lawyers, and a founding partner of Spice Route Legal. He has practiced law in India and Singapore and, with nearly two decades of experience under his belt, has assisted on deals in more than 50 countries over the course of his career.
At the firm, Praveen focuses on general corporate advisory work alongside domestic and cross-border mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity, and venture capital transactions. His clients include some of the largest corporate houses, private equity investors, venture capital funds, and entrepreneurs. Praveen has a keen focus on the healthcare and energy sectors.
Most recently, Praveen’s accomplishments include –
- assisting a leading renewable energy company with (i) a global restructuring of their operations, involving cross border domiciling and complex investment structuring advisory, and with (ii) multiple project development and finance mandates for energy projects in India;
- assisting India’s third largest IT and telecoms distributor with their strategic acquisition of a majority stake in a leading enterprise tech company in India;
- advising American and Chilean strategic and financial investors on their investment into a US-based hydrogen fuel technology company;
- advising a proprietary family investment fund on multiple investments made by them, into various target companies in the life sciences, pharmaceuticals and healthcare sector; and
- assisting an EV manufacturer with advisory and the contractual arrangements for the supply of electric buses by them, under the latest FAME-II India guidelines.
Praveen’s leadership of the firm’s Corporate Practice Group has resulted in early recognition and commendation of the firm’s growing influence and ability, in a sophisticated market for legal services. In 2021, Legal500, Asia Law and Chambers & Partners have all recognised the sophisticated nature of his practice and expertise.