Swarna is an associate with the firm’s Corporate Practice Group, and advises clients on a range of corporate and commercial transactions. She works with both start ups and mid-sized corporates on their transactional and advisory mandates – including those involving incorporation, private equity and venture capital investments, business structuring, shareholder disputes, M&A, joint ventures and business sales. She has also assisted multiple venture capital funds with structuring their investments and also, with the subsequent management of the affairs of their portfolio companies.
Most recently, Swarna has –
- advised a strategic investment fund on multiple venture capital investments made by them, into various target companies in the life sciences, pharmaceuticals and healthcare sectors;
- assisted India’s third largest IT and telecoms distributor with their strategic acquisition of a majority stake in a leading enterprise tech company in India;
- assisted minority shareholders with their exit and the sale of their stake in an established Indian manufacturer in the oil and gas industry to a US company;
- advised the international acquirer on the Indian law aspects of a global acquisition transaction, in the logistics and supply chain management industry;
- advised American and Chilean strategic and financial investors on their investment into a US-based hydrogen fuel technology company; and
- advised a drone technology company, in their latest round of fundraising from institutional investors.
Swarna’s expertise in corporate and commercial work is complemented by her growing focus on the life sciences, pharmaceuticals and healthcare sectors.