Last week, the Court of Justice of the European Union issued a landmark verdict that invalidated the EU-US Privacy Shield, a well-established mechanism for the transfer of personal data from the European Union to the United States. Popularly referred to as Schrems II, this decision will have a significant impact on cross-border data flows for data that originates or is transferred from the EU.
This webinar examines the impact of Schrems II from an Indian perspective. Join us for a deep dive into:
1. a breakdown of the background of Schrems II and the law;
2. the ongoing impact on Indian companies who work with European personal data;
3. a relook at the “adequate safeguards” offered by the standard contractual clauses relied on by Indian companies for cross-border transfers of personal data from the EU;
4. how this judgement will affect the way we think about government rights under the Personal Data Protection Bill, 2019; and
5. the steps the Joint Parliamentary Committee must consider to enable a globally accepted and effective data protection regime in India.
Who should join:
- In-house counsels
- Information Security teams
- Data Compliance teams
- Cybersecurity teams
- Data Protection enthusiasts
- Tech enthusiasts
- Privacy enthusiasts