Janhavi is an associate with Spice Route’s Corporate Practice Group, and advises clients on a variety of commercial and corporate transactions – including those involving private equity, VC and M&A investments, global business structuring, promoter disputes, joint ventures and business sales. She also assists venture capital funds in structuring their domestic and cross-border investments, alongside advising foreign corporations on their acquisitions in India.
In recent months, Janhavi has –
- advised American and Chilean strategic and financial investors on their investment into a US-based hydrogen fuel technology company;
- assisted a leading listed renewable energy company with a global restructuring of their operations, involving cross border domiciling and complex investment structuring advisory;
- assisted a US-based hydrogen fuel tech company with its acquisition of an Indian power electronics company, as well as with all its commercial arrangements, in India;
- advised an Indian solar energy company on a strategic investment by investors based in the US and Chile;
- assisted a unique start up in the solar energy financing space – at the intersection of financial technology and renewable energy – with multiple investment rounds;
- rendered assistance to an online healthcare platform in the form of business-critical structuring advisory; and
- advised India’s leading music streaming app on corporate and legal strategies.
Prior to joining Spice Route Legal in 2019, Janhavi worked with a law firm in Mumbai. In addition to her existing capabilities in corporate and commercial advisory, she has developed an interest and expertise in new and alternative forms of energy, including electric mobility.