Mathew is the Head of the Technology, Media & Telecommunications practice group at Spice Route Legal, and one of the firm’s founding partners. He is recognised as a leading Indian lawyer by Legal 500, Chambers & Partners, Asialaw, IFLR and the India Business Law Journal.
With close to two decades of experience, Mathew advises on a variety of cross-border corporate and commercial transactions including in relation to investments, fund-formation, technology laws, data privacy, intellectual property, commercial and regulatory compliance, tech law disputes, and risk mitigation strategy. His clients include some of the largest technology, media & entertainment companies, life sciences, pharmaceuticals, financial institutions, and investment funds.
His recent accomplishments include –
- assisting an international joint venture of 14 commercial banks, with an award-winning incorporation, licensing and implementation of a blockchain powered trade finance platform;
- assisting a German infrastructure focused fund on 14 investment deals in the last year, across multiple jurisdictions including India, Singapore, Indonesia, Australia and Vietnam;
- advising multiple prominent fintech players on the Indian regulatory framework, new initiatives, and corporate governance compliances applicable to the financial services sector, alongside liaising with the RBI, the regulatory watchdog, and structuring some of India’s most innovative fintech products;
- assisting many of the largest technology companies in the world on data protection, breach management, licensing and intellectual property;
- rendering assistance to an online healthcare platform in the form of business-critical structuring advisory; and
- assisting a wide gamut of technology companies – ranging from e-commerce, and drone tech, to health technology, and fintech – on various investment rounds by venture capital funds.